Deliciously Autumn - Easy Fall Recipes
“I can smell Autumn dancing in the breeze. The sweet chill of the pumpkins and the crisp sunburnt leaves – Ann Drake”
Hurray! The golden season is here. It is that time of the year when the leaves fall and pile up on the streets, making us think if it’s actually a trick or a treat! So, who is ready for the fall leaves, hoodies, boots, jackets, pumpkins, and more? The loveliest season of the year is here! Autumn does make us smell Christmas too. Doesn’t it? Fall is known to be the season of the soul more than nature. It carries the flavor of warmth and festivity. It is that time of the year when the celebrations start and soon Santa too will ring the bell!
Fall is the time kids wait for. Fall brings Halloween and celebration! Fall festivities as we know are incomplete without food. Food adds flavor to the season. Kids enjoy more when their tummy is filled with some yummy food. In this blog, we will share some of the easiest fall recipes that you AND your kids will simply love. Here you go…
The Pumpkin Affair…
Pumpkin Spice Latte: Fall is the season for pumpkins and a Pumpkin Spice Latte is the best way to warm up your kids. It is easy to make, tasty to drink and it warms up from the inside out! Here’s how to make it:
- Dairy-free milk
- Pumpkin Puree
- Coconut cream
- Maple Syrup
- Use medium-low heat to whisk all the ingredients together
- Pour it into a heat safe cup
- Add some toppings (ask your kids what they want!)
- Enjoy with your little pumpkins!
The New Pizza…
Apple Pizza: Apples are super-rich in Vitamin C, high in phytochemicals and fiber, and guess what it is a fruit of the fall! But then, Apple Pizza? Wondering what it is? We’ll tell you what it is and how it is made and we are sure your kids will keep asking for me.
- Cut the apple in round slices (cut it round from the middle too)
- Cut the bananas or the strawberries (let your munchkins choose)
- Spread the Nutella on the apple slices and put the bananas/strawberries on them
- Grate some almonds and sprinkle on it
- Add some honey on the top
- Enjoy it together
Veggies To The Rescue…
Roasted Autumn Vegetable Salad: Vegetables are healthy not just for your kids but for you too! (we all know the benefits of adding veggies to the meal. Don’t we?). Seasonal vegetables are not just healthy they have a different taste altogether. Here is a lip-smacking vegetable recipe that your kid will simply love.
- Olive oil
- Ground cumin
- Crushed garlic
- Butternut or jap pumpkin (seeded)
- Baby fennel trimmed and cut into wedges
- Goat’s cheese
- Labne (optional)
- Roasted Pine-Nuts
- Caster Sugar
- Sweet Paprika
- Crushed garlic
- Virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven
- Take a large bowl and put oil, cumin, pumpkin, garlic, onions, and fennel and toss it in the oven with pepper and salt.
- Transfer and roast the pumpkins in a large roasting pan and roast.
- Add the onions, fennel, and roast till the vegetables are tender
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool
- Take a bowl and whisk all the ingredients for the dressing and then season
- In a large bowl, take the vegetables, goat’s cheese, rocket, and tomatoes and toss
- Divide the salad in bowls
- Scatter the pine nuts and enjoy with some labne
Chicken Done To Perfection…
Pan Roasted Chicken with Fall Vegetables: Who on Earth likes only vegetables all the time? So, here’s some Chicken to the rescue! Chicken is an amazing source of protein that will help your child’s growth and development. So, here’s a yummy chicken recipe for your kids.
- Chopped butternut squash
- Red potatoes halved
- Baby carrots peeled
- Brussels sprouts halved
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Minced garlic
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Black pepper
- Chopped parsley leaves
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- Chicken thighs
- Dried oregano
- Dried thyme
- Dried basil
- Dried rosemary
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven
- Oil a baking sheet lightly or coat it with a non-stick spray
- Season the chicken with thyme, oregano, basil, rosemary, salt, and pepper to taste and set it aside
- On a prepared baking sheet, place the potatoes, butternut squash, brussels sprouts, carrots, in a single layer.
- Take a pan and stir the olive oil with balsamic vinegar and garlic along with salt and pepper to taste. Top this with the chicken in a single layer.
- Place this in an oven and roast till the chicken is cooked completely. Then broil until caramelized.
- Your munchkins’ Chicken dinner is ready! Add some parsley and get started!
Apple-y Ever After…
Apple Tart Ice-Cream: Apples and Ice-cream! Wow! The combination itself is mouth-watering. Isn’t it? Just imagine, if it sounds so yummy how good will it actually be and how much will your little ones will love it! Since ice-cream contains milk, and as we know milk is rich in calcium, it is amazing for your growing kids. So, here’s what you need and how you make an apple tart ice-cream.
- Apple peeled and thinly sliced
- Raisins (optional)
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Cinnamon bread, toasted
- In a saucepan, combine the apple, water, raisins, sugar, cinnamon, butter, and nutmeg and cook on medium heat
- Cook till the fruit becomes soft
- Mix the corn-starch and water until it becomes smooth. Then add this to the fruit
- Boil and stir constantly
- Cook till it becomes thick
- Serve this on cinnamon toast with ice-cream
Fall, Food, and Festivity come together to create the comfiest, coziest time of the year. Fall is incomplete without the festivities and festivities are incomplete without food. So, let your kids enjoy the festive fall with these amazing food recipes and be dressed in our latest fall styles! Happy Fall Folks!
Sending love from Be Kind Blogs. Happy reading.
#Fallstyles #FunFallRecipes #BeKindBlogs #BeKind #BeCreative